Thursday, March 19, 2020

Hudsonville's Favorite Recipes




I've found myself with some extra time for the next couple of weeks and with it I'm getting some projects done and I have time to bake!  I'm paging through cookbooks looking for something different to try, and finding some recipes that I remember from when I was growing up.  In the 1970's oleo was still called out as an ingredient!  I was reminded of a donation recently received from the estate of Carol Groters, a long time resident of Hudsonville.  It included a 1950's cookbook put together by members of the Hudsonville Congregational Church.  I thought it would be fun to share a couple of those recipes.

Perhaps you remember when the Congregational church was located on Van Buren Street or maybe the old building looks familiar.   It is still standing, but is now a family home.



Peanuts seem to be a pretty popular ingredient.  I've never heard of these recipes, but I have a feeling some of you do.  I'd love to hear about some of the food you made back in your day that you don't see around anymore.  
Go ahead and share in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment